Thursday, June 9, 2011

Emma Stone: "I Was a Good-Looking Kid"


1307569194_emma-stone-290.jpg
Credit: Carter Smith
1307569194_emma-stone-elle-290.jpg
Credit: Carter Smith
Wednesday – June 08, 2011 – 5:52pm

When ELLE asked Emma Stone to grace the cover of its July issue, the 22-year-old actress was flattered -- but not surprised -- to be featured in such a popular fashion magazine.
"I sucked my thumb until I was 11, so I had this expander in. I was a good-looking kid," she laughs. "I never felt, like, dorky. I was just like, 'Yup, these are my braces. I've had them forever.'"
Kidding aside, Stone's appearance made headlines when she went blonde for her role in The Amazing Spider-Man. Though she welcomed the change (she's a natural blonde), the actress' fans had trouble recognizing her at first.
"I mean, I haven't been around very long. I can't expect everyone to have seen The House Bunny," Stone says. "Oh God. I am having such waves of internal embarrassment, which now I'm admitting on a tape recorder. This is so one of the things I should keep in my head."
Just don't expect to see any more radical transformations from the Golden Globe nominee. "I like to look like a person. It drives me crazy when you see women in movies playing teachers, and they have biceps. It totally takes me out of the movie. I start thinking, Wow, that actress playing this part really looks great!"
For now, Stone -- who next stars in The Help, based on the best-selling novel -- says she's happy with where her career is. "It's so funny how different life could have been. I went to so many auditions," she recalls. "I remember my audition for Heroes. I went in right after Hayden Panettiere. Now here we are in this rented house. It feels like it just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment