Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Billboard Bits: Justin Bieber Talks New Album, Adele Loves Bon Iver

June 27, 2011 7:15 EDT

JACK GUEZ/AFP/Getty Images

Billboard Bits serves up the best bite-sized nuggets of music news and gossip.


Justin Bieber on New Album: 'I Want to Work a Lot with Myself'
Speaking about his forthcoming album, Justin Bieber says that he's dabbled with self-producing and is trying on a bunch of different musical style. "I want to work a lot with myself," says Bieber. "I'm not gonna really limit myself. I think music is music, and genre - I mean, I know there's country music, there's rock music, but my music is different. My voice is not meant for any style. I just want to make music." ( MTV)

Adele Calls Bon Iver Album 'My Record of the Year Already'
Writing on her blog, Adele shared her affection for Bon Iver's self-titled sophomore album, which was released last Tuesday. "I'm pretty convinced it's my record of the year already," she writes. "Please listen if you haven't already. so so special! the soundtrack to my heart." (Adele.tv)

Modest Mouse's Isaac Brock to Score Film
Modest Mouse front man and songwriter Isaac Brock will compose his first feature film score for a movie based on an obsessive country music fan. "Queens of Country" stars Lizzy Caplan ("Mean Girls") and Ron Livingston ("Band of Brothers").

Katy Perry Celebrates Gay Pride in NYC
Three years after she "kissed a girl," Katy Perry was spotted celebrating gay pride at New York City's Pride Parade on Sunday (June 26). The pop star posted a picture of herself and some flag-waving fans on Twitter with the caption, "We out celebrating #EQUALITYFORALL!" (@katyperry)

Pitbull, Ne-Yo Performing on 'The Voice'
Pitbull and Ne-Yo have been confirmed to perform their Hot 100 hit "Give Me Everything" on Tuesday's episode of "The Voice" on NBC. Brad Paisley is also reportedly stopping by to sing "Don't Drink the Water" withBlake Shelton. (EW)

DJ Wins $1 Million in 'My Humps' Lawsuit
Cleveland disc jockey and early rap artist Orrin Lynn Tolliver, Jr. has just been awarded nearly $1.2 million by a New York jury. The award comes after a former friend and collaborator allowed without permission his 1983 song, "I Need A Freak," to be sampled by the Black Eyed Peas for the group's hit song, "My Humps." ( Reuters)

No comments:

Post a Comment