5 Things You Don't Know About Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Credit: Jordan Strauss/WireImage
Wednesday – June 29, 2011 – 6:35pm
Rosie Huntington-Whiteleymade headlines when she replacedMegan FoxinTransformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon(out in theaters June 29) -- with zero film acting credits to her name. But there's a lot more to know about this blonde, 24-year-old British beauty.
1. She's a Victoria's Secret Angel.In 2009, the model-turned-actress signed a three-year deal with the lingerie company and has walked the runway multiple times in their annual, glitter-crazed fashion show.
2. She learned her model strut from an outside source.The 5-foot-9 beauty claims that two Jamaican gay men taught her to catwalk. "I lived with them for a brief time in London when I was 16," she said in a June/July interview withComplexmagazine. "One was a model and one was a model agent. Gay men are usually pretty good at the model strut."
3. She's a small-town farm girl at heart.Her parents own a farm in England, which she describes toComplexas a self-sustaining one where they raise pigs, sheep, and chickens. "My parents have [other] jobs. It's just a small farm that we eat from. We don't sell produce or anything."
4. Despite her sex-symbol status, she still has insecure moments about her body."Any woman will tell you she has her good and bad days," the star toldThe Sunday Timesin 2009. "I won't do a lingerie shoot unless I'm tanned. I think most women will admit that they look better when they're brown. I fake tan -- but I don't recommend sunbeds -- and at work, they'll put body make-up on."
5. She's dating an older man!The mid-twenties beauty has been dating 43-year-old actorJason Statham(who has starred inThe MechanicandGnomeo and Juliet) for over a year. Last February she toldUs Weeklythat, despite the 20 year age difference, their relationship works "because we love each other."