By Laurel House
I don’t get why tabloid magazines continue to “expose” celebrities with cellulite when the fact is that 85% of women- both fat and thin, have it! Another little-known fact about cellulite: it’s not fat’s fault. Which is actually bad news because since it’s not a fat problem, dieting and exercise is not the curative… but it can help minimize the appearance and fight it off before it attacks in the first place.
Cellulite is free-floating fat cells that have penetrated a weakened lattice of connective tissue bands separating the layer of normal fat from the dermis (the middle layer of skin), and have become trapped just below the surface of the skin. There are 3 causes of the sticky stuff:
-Hormones (which is why men infrequently get it)
-Genetics (Thanks a lot mom!)
-Lifestyle (that’s all on you).
Similar to diabetes and hypertension, despite its prevalence, doctors have yet to find a definitive cure for cellulite. However, they have come up with some incredibly effective techniques to manage it, slowing the occurrence, minimizing the appearance, and strengthening slackened tissues.
The best way to help prevent and slow the spread of cellulite is by strengthening the fibers of the connective tissues through healing, tightening, and hydrating so that the escaped fat cells can’t permeate the dermis even more. Sure, topicals and medical treatments can help tame the sticky situation… for a pretty penny; or you can take a lifestyle approach that includes Diet, Exercises and Sun Protection.
A few diet suggestions include:
· Whole Grain and Fruit Breakfast- to boost
· Stay Hydrated- to keep your tissues and cells
· Eggs– the yolk is filled with lecithin which helps strengthen connective tissue. Eat 2 eggs each
· Soybeans and Seaweed- both are boosted by lecithin.
· Diet Rich in Raw Fruits and Vegetables- filled with both water and nutrients.
· Goji Berry Snacks- The “wonder fruit” is bursting with amino acids, anti-inflammatories, and fights
off free radicals which have a direct affect on aging and skin integrity.
Exercise encourages better circulation, which can help get things (like fat cells) moving. But more than that, it minimizes the appearance of cellulite because, if you lose weight there is less surface area to display the stuff.
Here are the best exercises to help with cellulite:
· Cardio- cardio is the best weight loss exercise that helps burn fat and lose weight so there’s less
surface area to display the cellulite.
· Explosive Exercises- to really engage the cellulite affected area. Like what? Reverse Lunge with
a Leg Lift, Step Ups w/ a Leg Lift.
· Isometric Exercises- static exercises to hone in on the affected area and make it really burn. Like
what? Single Leg Plank, Wall Sit, Airplane- a great isometric Yoga pose.
Cellulite or not, don’t be afraid to flaunt your gorgeous body… celebs do, and they have cellulite too.
Like ExerciseTV on Facebook!
Posting source: http://shine.yahoo.com/event/summerliving/quick-diet-and-exercise-tricks-to-tame-cellulite-video-2489715/