Monday, July 4, 2011

Harry Potter star reveals alcohol battle

Daniel Radcliffe, who plays young wizard Harry Potter in the blockbuster franchise, has spoken openly about his battle with alcohol and his decision to turn teetotal.
Harry Potter star reveals alcohol battle
He might be the clean-cut good guy in the wizard films, but it seems Radcliffe had a wild side that was brought on by growing up in the manic world of film and becoming one of the richest young men in Britain.
Speaking to GQ magazine, Radcliffe talked of how he became obsessed with living the high life after he shot to fame as a child star:
"I became so reliant on [alcohol] to enjoy stuff. There were a few years there when I was just so enamoured with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me."
Fortunately for him, the paparazzi were gradually settling into a growing obsession with the partying of co-star and fashionista Emma Watson, and so Radcliffe feels he was lucky to escape without a slew of embarrassing evidence of his hedonist lifestyle:
"I really got away with that because there were many instances when a shot like that could have been taken."
He has since given up on booze altogether, and is now happy living "the quiet life", he says:
"I'm actually enjoying the fact I can have a relationship with my girlfriend where I'm really pleasant and I'm not f***ing up totally all the time."
The final instalment in the Harry Potter series, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2', is out in the UK on 15 July.
Michael Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment