Although she's known asDakota Fanning's little sister,Elle Fanningis a rising star all on her own. The 13-year-old actress, whose movieSuper 8comes out in theaters Friday, has already spent nearly a decade on the big screen. (She plays Alice Dainard in theStevenSpielberg-produced sci-fi thriller.) See what else there is to know about the teen starlet below.
1. She's been in more than 10 filmsincludingBabel(2006),Reservation Road(2007), andThe Curious Case of Benjamin Button(2008) with some of Hollywood's most notable actors likeMatt Damon,Scarlett Johansson,Brad Pitt, andJeff Bridges. Her big-screen debut came in 2001, where she portrayed a two-year-old Lucy Diamond Dawson inI Am Sam, whose older character was played by her sister, Dakota, now 17.
2. She has followed in her sister's footsteps, and hasn't looked back once.The Georgia-born starlet moved to L.A. when her family moved out west for Dakota's acting career. She was only two years old, but began filming movies almost immediately. "I grew up seeing her do it, so I wanted to try it too!” she toldTeen Voguein 2010.
3. She's a mini-fashionista.Fanning has been spotted inMarc Jacobsand vintage finds from her fave L.A. boutique, Playclothes. Her style icons includeAlexa ChungandMarilyn Monroe. And according toTeen Vogue, she's a "total fashion nerd" who pays close attention to the runway shows during fashion week.
4. If she wasn't an actress, she'd be a ballet dancer.In her downtime, Fanning loves to practice ballet, but admitted toInterviewmagazine in 2010, that even if she practices ballet five days a week, being really good at it "would be the hardest thing ever."
5. She already has an award under her belt!Fanning was recognized this past May with the Film Actress of the Year Award during the 2011 Young Hollywood Awards in L.A. May 20.